Thursday, September 20, 2007

YOU CAN'T WIN 'EM ALL...

So, today tickets for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band's "open rehearsals" sold out in five minutes. I got through to ticketmaster right after they sold out. The shows are taking place at the Convention Center in Asbury Park - I got to see Bruce and the Seeger Sessions Band rehearsals there a year and a half ago, and Bruce with The Max Weinberg 7 a few years before that for a Christmas show. So, I was fortunate to see both of those, and you can't get tickets to every show, but still, what a bummer.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to seeing the great patriot Steve Earle next week when he performs at Town Hall in NYC. If there was any justice, Steve would be a staple on both country radio and rock radio. But to those of us who are fans, he's just one of the greatest songwriters ever, and I can't wait for that show.

No comments: