Thursday, December 20, 2007

ALL THE RIGHT REASONS

I'm not really into feeding into the blog world's rumor mill, but I feel like I'd lose my Blog Union Card if I didn't talk about this most awesome of rumors.

Paste Magazine - one of the better U.S. music/culture mags - is reporting on its website that Bill Berry may be rejoining R.E.M. for a tour.

I'll let the cynics come up with mean-spirited theories about why this would happen. But Bill leaving R.E.M. was one of the most amicable splits in rock and roll history. He just wanted to get off of the bandwagon. The fact that he had a potentially life threatening brain aneurysm on his last tour with the band probably contributed to his decision to move on with his life. I don't imagine that he'd be doing this for the money, I think he just wants to play those awesome songs again. Here's hoping that the rumors are true.

No comments: