Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MACCA TO HIT THE ROAD?

With his ugly divorce behind him, Paul McCartney is supposedly getting ready to release another new album and hit the road. The cool U.K. magazine Uncut reports that Paul is looking to hit the U.S., the U.K. and Australia, and that he has another new album ready.

Paul always mixes whatever is on his new album with his older material - lets hope that this album is a good one. I haven't been a big fan of most of his material in the past, say, two decades. The last album I liked a lot, other than the covers album Run, Devil Run (which included some originals, including one of his best solo songs, "Try Not To Cry") was 1989's Flowers In The Dirt. On that album, he collaborated with Elvis Costello, and I think he probably needs to collaborate with someone like that to make another great album. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong. I'd love to hear a Paul McCartney album that holds up to the best music of his post-Fab Four career.

No comments: