Sunday, June 29, 2008

MORE NEIL NEWS


If you're a Neil Young fan, it always pays to check out the great blog Thrashers Wheat. Some of their latest is stuff that I'd written about, but they also note that Ralph Molina isn't on the European leg of the tour (Chad Cromwell, who played on Living With War and Prairie Wind is back in the band), and they are covering "A Day In The Life." Thrasher also says that Crazy Horse may work with Neil again next year.

In other news, I've seen the tracklist to the Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young film Deja Vu soundtrack, and it's a bit disappointing. Just one CD. I like the songs on it, but I wish it could have been a double with more songs - considering that fans have been waiting for an official live document of a CSNY tour since they reunited in 1999, this would have been a good opportunity to release live versions of songs like "Carry On." Oh well, that's Neil, I guess.

1 comment:

thrasher said...

Thanks for the kind words!