Wednesday, October 8, 2008

NEIL YOUNG FANS: GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

Do you want to hear the good news first? OK, great. In June, I wrote about a few archival Neil Young projects that were in the works. Well, I don't know if any of those live albums are coming out, but one that is coming out is Sugar Mountain Live. No one has announced what it is, but the always-great Neil blog Thrasher's Wheat speculates that it is a solo acoustic recording that Neil did while he was still in Buffalo Springfield.

The bad news? Not surprisingly, the Archives box set has been delayed. Again. But I'm used to that. I first read about it when I was in college. And that was a while ago.

Anyway, to end this post on a positive note, I'm looking forward to seeing Neil at Madison Square Garden in December.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do agree that it appears Neil Young hasn't sold out or whatever but aren't his tickets a Ticketpolice.com outrageously cheap. But if that's because he doesn't use sponsorship than I guess that's cool.