Tuesday, December 2, 2008

ELTON JOHN'S TANTRUMS AND TIARAS: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT IS OUT ON DVD

I've never actually seen the Elton John documentary, Tantrums and Tiaras, and as a fan, I wasn't sure I wanted to.  But I'm going to give it a try. I have no illusions about what Elton is like - he's a diva. It doesn't take away from the amazing music he's produced, or the incredible charitable work he's done over the decades. 

Meanwhile, Elton is planning another co-headlining tour with Billy Joel.  I went to that the first time they did it, like 14 years ago, and it was pretty great. Also, NME reports that Mark Ronson is producing Elton's next album.  That has the potential for greatness. I'd heard that he wanted to do an album of collaborations with hip-hop artists, which would probably be embarrassing.

No comments: