Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HEAVEN AND HELL'S THE DEVIL YOU KNOW DUE IN APRIL

I'm fine with Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler working with Ronnie James Dio and Vinny Appice, as long as they aren't called "Black Sabbath." To me, that name will always evoke the sond of Tony, Geezer, Ozzy Osbourne and Bill Ward, and you don't want to be compared to that -- with all due respect to Ronnie, Vinnie and Ian Gillian.

But I'm glad that Tony, Geezer, Dio and Vinny are about to put out a new album as Heaven & Hell: The Devil You Know is coming out in April. I know they're going to be touring. I wonder if Black Sabbath will ever work together again. The last time they appeared together was at their long-overdue induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a few years back. They looked like they genuinely were enjoying each other's company, and the accolades. If it was the last page of their book, it was a good last page. I'm glad Tony and "Geez" are playing a completely different repertoire with a completely different band.

No comments: