Tuesday, February 3, 2009

RUN-D.M.C. BIOPIC IN THE WORKS

Now that Notorious, The Notorious B.I.G. biopic is out, screenwriter Cheo Coker is looking to adapt the Run-D.M.C. story to the big screen, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Too bad the movie isn't coming out now: it would be really timely, since Run-D.M.C. are being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year, and rightfully so I might add.

It's true, rap/hip-hop isn't rock and roll, but in the early days, it was like rock and roll being played on a different instrument: the turntables. Run-D.M.C. had more of the spirit of rock and roll than half of the bands that get played on classic rock radio. And plus, they had cooler guitars. I look forward to seeing Run and D.M.C. performing together for the first time since the tragic death of Jam Master Jay at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. I wonder if they'll use a different DJ. I would think that he's pretty irreplaceable; maybe they should just use a band. I'm sure lots of musicians would line up to be their backing band.

No comments: