Wednesday, October 14, 2009

BEST OF '09: THE COCKTAIL SLIPPERS

It happens maybe once a year, and maybe even less. I find out about an artist who I just have to tell everyone about. This year, hands down, that artist is The Cocktail Slippers. Their album, the Little Steven-produced Saint Valentine Day's Massacre, is either my favorite album of the year or my second favorite only to Bob Dylan's Together Through Life, depending on my mood.

They get nearly no press, and haven't done very many U.S. shows - they are from Oslo, Norway - but who cares. Forget what all the blogs are talking about - those bands will be gone soon anyway. They don't need hype. This album is FUN. It's like The Go-Go's or The Bangles or The Shanri-La's. If you trust anything I've written on No Expiration, do yourself a favor and buy this record.

Other Best of '09 albums: Bob Dylan's Together Through Life

No comments: