Saturday, December 19, 2009

JIMMY PAGE GETS ROAD ENVY


Jimmy Page tells Sky News that he has some new music ready, and that he wants to hit the road to perform in 2010. He, of course, wanted to tour as Led Zeppelin after the epic reunion concert from two years ago, but Robert Plant nixed the idea due to his tour with Alison Krauss (and he may not have wanted to do a Zep tour anyway). Now, John Paul Jones is preparing for a tour with his new band Them Crooked Vultures (with Foo Fighter Dave Grohl and Queen Of The Stone Age Josh Homme). Now Jimmy must be all, "I did that 'Zeppelin-legend-tours-with-younger-artists-thing' years ago when I toured with The Black Crowes as my band!"  Maybe he'll do something like that again.  I'm curious to see what form his music will take.  He's only dione one solo album (1988's Outrider), I wonder if this will be a solo thing like that or more of a collaboration.

No comments: