Sunday, January 31, 2010

JUDAS PRIEST WINS THEIR FIRST GRAMMY

It is really easy to be cynical/skeptical/dismissive of the Grammy Awards. But when someone wins, who really wants to win, it's cool.

Tonight, Judas Priest won their first Grammy ever, for their live version of "Dissident Aggressor," from A Touch Of Evil Live. Singer Rob Halford and drummer Scott Travis were two of the only rock and rollers to show up to the pre-telecast. Rob was definitely happy to win. He said, "Judas Priest has been making heavy metal around the world for 35 years. We love what we do."

I didn't vote for the song, because it is a live version of a song that was originally on 1977's Sin After Sin. Great song, but I hate when they nominate old songs. I voted for Megadeth's "Headcrusher." But I'm not mad, I'm glad to see Rob and the guys win. I'm not a huge fan, but I've had the privilege of interviewing Rob, and he's a great guy who I have a lot of respect for.

No comments: