Thursday, June 17, 2010

GASLIGHT ANTHEM VIDEOS: PEARL JAM COVER, ACOUSTIC ORIGINAL

This week, The Gaslight Anthem released their new album, American Slang. It seems like this is their moment.  I read that they recently sold out a gig at New York's Irving Plaza, and thier next NYC date will be headlining Radio City Music Hall. Frontman Brian Fallon also appears on a track on Bruce Springsteen's upcoming live DVD, London Calling. The band is actually from New Jersey, and have gotten the Bruce comparassions a lot, which is tough to live with, but at least it means that people have a high opinion of them.  Anyway,  I bought the new album today, so I have to listen to it a bit before I have anything to say.  For now, I'll post thier cover of Pearl Jam's classic "State Of Love And Trust" from Jimmy Fallon's show, and Brian Fallon (no relation) doing a solo acoutic version of the title track from the SIRIUS XM studios.



2 comments:

Ryan McGowan said...

I like that song lot. And it's the free song of the week on iTunes.

B. Ives said...

thanks Ryan, I didn't know that the song was free on itunes! it's Friday, so i guess you can still grab it through monday, which I recommend! thanks for reading my blog and posting that bit of info!