Thursday, March 10, 2011

TONIGHT ON THE CATHOLIC CHANNEL: TOM WAITS DISCUSSED

Tonight I will make one of my occasional guest appearances on The Busted Halo Show on SiriusXM's Catholic Channel. It's always fun talking about music with Father Dave Dwyer.  Tonight, we'll discuss the music of Tom Waits, who is getting into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next week.

I wrote a bit about Mr. Waits recently, and I will have a guest post by a friend who is a huge fan in the next few days.  But as I wrote in my recent post, I kind of divide his career into three separate phases, correlating to the different record labels he's recorded for: Elektra/Asylum, Island and Epitaph's Anti- Records. When I go on Father Dave's show, I usually stick with three songs, so I'm going to choose one song from each of those eras.

A running joke on that show is how long it takes me to choose just three songs.  Well, I still haven't decided which songs I'm going to discuss, and I'll be on the show in a little over 12 hours.  This is a new record for me! I have it narrowed down to about eight songs right now.

By the way, if you want to tune in and don't have a subscription, why not try a free online SiriusXM trial? Find out more here.

No comments: