Tuesday, August 2, 2011

TOMORROW ON THE MORNING JOLT: THE BEST MUSIC SINCE 2007

Tomorrow SiriusXM OutQ's The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick, I'll be talking about some of the best music since 2007, when I started No Expiration.  My last post listed my favorite albums, but I may also touch on some of my favorite songs as well - i.e. songs that aren't from regular albums, or songs that I love from albums that didn't make my list.   Some of those songs include

  • KRS-One, Nas, Kanye West and Rakim - "Classic (Better Than I've Ever Been)" 
  • Rilo Kiley - "Silver Lining" 
  • Alicia Keys - "No One"
  • Rush - "Far Cry" 
  • Band Of Horses - "No One's Gonna Love You" (with a shout-out to Cee-Lo's version) 
  • Jack White and Alicia Keys - "Another Way To Die" (which I won't be bringing up on the show tomorrow)
  • AC/DC - "Rock and Roll Train" 
  • Raphael Saadiq - "100 Yard Dash" 
  • Jay-Z, T.I. , Kanye West and Lil' Wayne - "Swagga Like Us" 
  • Cee-Lo Green - "Fuck You" 
  • Radiohead - "Reckoner" 
  • Mudcrutch - "Scare Easy" (that's Tom Petty's pre-Heartbreakers band) 
  • Sade - "Soldier Of Love" 
  • Public Enemy - "Harder Than You Think" 
  • Jamey Johnson - "In Color" 

No comments: